When Grandad was in the hospital back in August, we made a speedy trip up to see him after his brain bleed surgery. When he pulled through the surgery, it was an incredible miracle and so Shawn and his brothers got to talk to Grandad for what was the very last time for Shawn. Grandad told the boys about a huge bear on a tree and they were so confused that they thought maybe the brain surgery was affecting him just a little. But, Grandma kinda just giggled and told them to pretend they didn't hear a thing and that she knew what he was talking about. Well. . . . when we pulled up to Grandma's house on Friday, it all made perfect sense:
Grandad had painted this tree stump awhile back. The thing that was new was the bear!
And boy was it a HUGE bear!
The boys are at "iguanas" tonight. I swear they look forward to it the most in their week and frankly, so do I sometimes. Its wonderful to see them so excited about learning about God. Logan had a rough day though, so he was especially glad to have Awanas tonight. Logan woke up and said his leg hurt. I thought he was just being lazy to not have to walk downstairs to get his shoes, so I did go get them. When I picked Malachi up from daycare, the babysitter told me that Logan had pretty much sat around all day complaining that his leg hurt. She thought maybe he was having growing pains. I'm wondering. He did finally "go" tonight after several days, so we are very relieved about that, but I'm still wondering about taking him in to the doctor to figure out what in the world is going on.
2 comments:
Logan is where Mom's best friend, Rose Gulick, lived. We've been there several time. It is a nice little town and has the Dane G. Hansen museum and library.
Kathie and Chris
Jaxon gets pains in his legs so bad that it's woken him up in the middle of the night. It is usually just one leg. I usually rub it and move it around to see if it hurts more but it doesn't seem to make it worse. I also checked to make sure it wasn't cramped up in a Charlie horse or something. I think that it is growing pains. We just give him some Tylenol and it seems to go away. It still has the same mobility in it though so check that because the doctor will ask. Mine never seemed to concerned but just to look for any patterns that he has done when it happens. That's our experience anyway.
Post a Comment