Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gearing up for a Snow Storm

Today, I've recieved a plethora of emails and texts on my phone warning me of the wonderful impending snow storm that has already started to hit. I won't exactly hide my incredible dislike for snow and coldness, especially on the mornings that I'm getting 3 children out the door, buckled in and safely to daycare. Snow is beautiful, but not so much on the road when I'm rushing to work behind people that don't know how to drive or people that make the roads unsafe for other drivers.

On top of that, I have a HUGE major assignment for my master's class that is due next Monday. I have to teach a lesson and do the reflection on that lesson by then. Well, I'm not in my classroom on Monday or Tuesday because I get to attend some more Cognitive Coaching training and Friday the kids don't have school so we can plan, so that leaves me Wednesday and Thursday if at all to get these lessons taught. So, right now, snow is making me very very nervous and not so much wanting a snow day. I have way to much riding on it.

Tonight, we made Queso to eat with chips. Malachi sure is an odd boy when he shares the queso with us. In fact, I'm starting to think that next time I will just make him his own bowl of it. He likes to double dip, and worse yet, after he consumes the cheese from the chip a few times, he'll stick the mushy chip back into the bag! YUCK! Imagine my surprise when I reached in for some more chips and got a handful of queso with it! :)

Logan is having more trouble today. We are trying to figure it out, but having no such luck. I am thinking about calling the doctor tomorrow to see what sort of luck we can have. I doubt they'll do anything of have any other suggestions. I did start giving him flax seed in oatmeal, but we have to be incredibly careful of his fiber and fluid intakes, so its like a touchy dance to figure out the exact recipe for success.

Here are some pictures from our time out at Grandma's in western KS last week. Shawn played pool with his brothers and amazingly Zach and Logan cooperated with each other a little bit to play a game of Black/Red.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Andrew & Terri said...

I'm so sorry about Logan's problems. :( I have a nephew (also named Logan in fact), who has some serious issues with this. They have used Miralax with great success. I hope the doc can do something to help!