Thursday, July 24, 2008

Today's the Day!

I'm running around like crazy trying to get the house in order for Shawn's return as well as the birthday party. The weather is also not cooperating with us, as it appears that there is the forecast of storms in the area this evening, which could cause a slight flight delay. UGH! Right now, the flight is set to arrive in KC at 11:50pm (which not my idea of a sunny day being at the airport at midnight or later). And, Shawn is being dropped off at the conference at a little past noon, so he'll be spending all day in the airport. And, yes, that was the earliest flight he could catch- thank God it's now and not back in March when I was about 9 months pregnant and he flew up there and back.

I have a to-do list so long that I don't even have time to sit and write it down. I dropped Logan & Malachi off at Grandma Pam's this morning, stopped at the local thrift store to drop off several donations, and then dropped in at Tasty Pastry (yum!) to get a box of pre-ordered donuts. (They know the Chances!) Now, I have a bit of tidying up (laundry, vacuuming, beds made) to do and then to head to Manhattan for several errands.

This week has gone fast, in a way, but also slower in the evenings. I really miss my boys- Shawn & Zachary. I'm ready for them to be home again. Aunt Laurie has been kind enough to spend time making Zachary a birthday cake. She said she was tired of working on it and was going to leave Thomas's face white, but Zachary told her, "But, Laurie, Thomas has a gray face!" So, they finished the cake. I think she's learning quite a lot about Thomas this week. It's funny to share the excitement with others.
Photobucket
Photobucket
They also made Logan a small cake of his own.
Photobucket
Photobucket
And Zachary is now enjoying Snickerdoodle cookies- something I really don't make all that often. We enjoy our Monster cookies- probably since they have all my favorite things in them- oatmeal, choc. chips, pnt. butter, and of course, M&M's.
Logan has really started to miss Zachary and been a little sad that he's gone. However, I'm sure that the fighting will resume shortly after they reunite as jealously and attention-getting sets in. Boys are a lot of fun- rowdy, full of energy, dirty- but, definitely a lot of fun.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Malachi still likes to sleep with his hands behind his head. It's adorable (not being biased or anything). I realized that of all his K-State & KU outfits, I really hadn't taken many with him wearing a KU one. So, I had to get one while he was happy & talking. He's getting to be quite the chunky baby. Soon, we might start trying solid foods with him, but we're really not in too much of a hurry. He loves his bottles & so, why change a good thing?
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: