As I was lamenting to my friend in OK (Daisie), she texted me a link to a MOMS club here in Hays. I said, "Seriously, I have looked EVERYWHERE literally for information about play groups, etc. and haven't got hooked up with anything!" She googled it and found it! So, I emailed, attended and was so excited to meet other moms with kids just as crazy as mine- and some cute little girls and that I can "ooo and awe" over. I'm excited to get to be active in the group and make some good friends.
A couple days later, I was invited to a small group study from a church member. She explained that she'd raised 3 boys and was such a relief just talking to her. I knew she would soon be the lifeline of support I'd need when I am going crazy wondering how people survive having 3 very active boys. Even if she hadn't have had 3 boys, she was such a kind, Christian spirit that made me feel like, "it's going to be ok." It was almost exactly God speaking to me. I tear up just thinking about the way God has placed people in our lives.
Later in the week, I went to a get together with some of the nurse's at the hospital and I met some great gals there as well. It was amazing how all of a sudden God put these opportunities in my life. And, as Daisie knows, Satan really tried to keep me from attending a few of the events with my health. I just have so little energy and am not a real "out of the box- go meet new people" type of person. So, on top of feeling crummy, I was forcing myself to be uncomfortable and make friends.
In the meantime, Malachi has now become an official volunteer at the museum. He gets so excited to help with the animals. Right now, he has been helping hold the animals (snakes, rat, spider, etc.) and feed the breeding mice. I know God has to have a sense of humor with this as I am not at all bothered by any of this stuff. I even started to think, what will happen when Malachi grows out of the "icky" phase, but looking back through pictures, he has been catching snakes, worms, toads, insects, etc. since he could crawl! No joke!!!! I hope he can continue to have a passion for loving God's creations and educating others about them.
Here is Malachi safely holding his pretend rattlesnake in a tube so it can't bite while we pet it.
This was Malachi feeding his snake a lizard at our table. (a rare occurance to let snakes on the table); On a hilarious side note, my brother saw these two pictures (with Ariel and Malachi in the same position) right next to each other on his FaceBook newsfeed. :)
Last Sunday, December 2nd, we saw this beautiful bull snake a little south from our church. It is RARE and not normal for a snake sighting in December here in KS. We just pray that he safely made it back underground before this freezing cold weather hit.
Here is Malachi with "Buddy" the rat snake at the museum. Buddy is so nice and he loves letting Malachi hold him.
I tried to take a picture of the two of us but my face is so puffy from the IV fluid. Still- I want my boys to have me in some of the pictures with them! As much as they drive me nuts and drive me to cry (a LOT lately), I love them to death and wouldn't change having any of them for the world. I also am thankful that I am the one to struggle with the health battles rather than for them to. It is one comfort I have in this daily struggle.
Yesterday and today I have been struggling with sinusy "stuff". I'm not sure if its a cold, the flu, or a beginning of a sinus infection. After crying for a few nights last week - like heavily sobbing- I am wondering if this is just from that. However, my heart is fighting like crazy and I've been fighting the aches and pains. I can't ever tell if I have fevers because of how my body temperature never regulates. I have one sweaty hand and the other will be ice cold. It's just been a lot more intense the last couple of days and I know that if I don't soon kick it that they might not pre-admit me on Friday for the procedure on Monday. I lack a healthy immune system- even after several years teaching, but now my body will sometimes even fight the food that I eat. So, I ask for healing prayers so I can face the next battle in this stupid syndrome.
I will get the pacemaker on Monday the 17th and I can't tell you how excited I am to feel better. Satan quietly whispers, you might not feel better, you will still have other dehabilitating symptoms, it might not help you at all or even as much as you think. HOWEVER, I serve a God that is a HEALER, a COMFORTER, a TRIUMPHANT and COMPASSIONATE God and I know that my faithful prayers are for complete healing every day that I wake up, whether this surgery is a success or not, I have faith that God will heal me in HIS time. Until then, I will remain faithful and search for how to serve him in the form that I am.
1 comment:
I am so glad to hear that all these doors are opening up and you're finally able to have some much needed girl-time! I have always admired your courage for starting over in a new place. Hope your sinus-y stuff goes away soon and we'll say an extra prayer for you on the 17th!!
Post a Comment