Monday, December 31, 2012

A Year in Review 2012

I have kind of taken a bah humbug approach to writing Christmas letters. I do enjoy reading others' letters, but I just feel such pressure to show off all the grand accomplishments from the year and "brag" about what we've done. Honestly, we have been living more frugally this year, making progress on our debt snowball in the Dave Ramsey program. We are proud of this, yet also frustrated for some of the choices we made years ago with student loans and credit cards. Thus- no vacations this year or extragavent special events.

January 2012: SNOW SNOW SNOW. . . I stood at the door to take this picture.
We decided to use our 10th wedding anniversary as a grand celebration as a re-commitment of our love for God and each other. Plus, I love having any reason to get family pictures!
Photobucket Photobucket

February 2012: Logan turned 7 years old:
Photobucket
Once again, another attempt at a family picture:
Photobucket

March 2012: Malachi turned 4 years old:
Photobucket
I also turned the BIG 3-0 but those pictures are gone. :)

April 2012: Easter time with the family:
Photobucket

May 2012: Bittersweet goodbyes to school friends and also school awards for Zachary and Logan. We loved Milford Elementary.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

 June 2012: MOVING MOVING MOVING and Baseball:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

July 2012: MOVING the family to Hays America; LOTS of transitions and new beginnings: (first time ever at the museum)
Photobucket
Zachary turned 9 years old on July 30th:
Photobucket

August 2012: weddings and our vow renewal (couldn't have asked for a better day!)
Photobucket
This was a sure thing that Malachi would jump into the pond after the frogs. We're just thankful he got pictures done first.
Starting at a new school, with new teachers, new friends, lots of transitions:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

September 2012: RODEO TIME!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Debut of the RATTLESNAKES at the Sternburg Museum:
Photobucket
Cub Scouts, new troop:
Photobucket

October 2012: More Rattlesnakes
Photobucket
Getting to pet a live one:
Photobucket
The Rattlesnake Bowling Team:
Photobucket
Liam was born:
Photobucket

November 2012: Enjoying weather and settling in to our "home"
Photobucket
Watching Kelsie play basketball:
Photobucket
Getting to meet Liam and spoil Brienna with birthday gifts:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Christmas in Jennings: Photobucket
Photobucket


December 2012: Christmas in a new home, new friends, my surgery,
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
What a year it has been. It's time to put this one in the books- literally (I get them printed for the boys as a keepsake.) Praying that 2013 brings blessings from God that we can lovingly bless others with. I'm excited for what is in store for our family and friends and know that in God, everything is perfect.

No comments: