Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Emergency(S)!!!!!!

Photobucket
This was the beautiful full moon back on Halloween evening as we sat around a bonfire at my grandparents home. With the events of today, although I'm not a superstitious or person to believe in luck, based on my Christian faith, I certainly felt like today felt like that of a full moon!

This morning as I was getting Zach and Logan ready to get off for school, I heard a blood curtling scream from my bedroom. As I ran in there, Malachi was laying on the floor not breathing. In a moment of heavy crying/screaming, I noticed my curling iron (that was on) laying on the floor beside my vanity, so I knew right away that my little boy had pulled the curling iron over and touched it. I had no idea how bad it was though as I looked at his hand and realized he'd grabbed the whole darn iron with his tiny little delicate baby hand. So, I rushed him into the kitchen to get some water running on the burn and then gave him a little cloth Thomas the Train ice pack. They both didn't help much as he was cringing and screaming and just unconsolable. He also kept trying to shake his hand like it would come off, which was hard for me to see him like that. So, I took him into the hospital, where he saw his daddy, and put some ointment on it, tried to keep it wrapped and sent him off to daycare. It was a nerve-racking morning for me, to say the very least. My nerves were just about shot in the chaos of trying to deal with it all.

Then, a couple hours into my workday at school, I recieved a phone call from Zach's school saying he was having an allergic reaction at the injection sight (where he gets his allergic injections). Normally, the reactions are supposed to appear within 30 minutes of the injection, which is why we give them to him at the hospital, but it didn't do anything within the initial 30 minutes, last night. We called the allergist in Topeka (which is what we were told to do) and they told us we didn't need to use the Epi-Pen yet unless he was starting to have trouble breathing or more of a severe reaction versus the large rash he was starting to develop. They did say that from now on he'll need to go to the dr. office for his allergy shots since he's showing such strong allergic reactions so soon (this was his 2nd dose of the injections). It makes me a tad bit nervous. So, while we gave him the Benedryl and waited for the symptoms to get better and checked his Peak Flow (for asthma), we rested. And it was nice to have a bit of a time to let my nerves (whatever's left of them) re-settle from a very chaotic day!

One can only pray that tomorrow WILL be better for us!

No comments: