



Logan had a WONDERFUL birthday party yesterday! We are so truly blessed by the friends and family that decided to brave the cold to spend some time celebrating his birthday. He was quite the partier and kept us all in laughter. Sadly, I can't recall anything right now that he said, but just being himself, he was hilarious. The rainbow cake was a hit, which was neat. I was excited for how well it turned out. Thanks to Brady since he did finish the cakes for me after I so quickly tuckered out.





Yesterday, as the boys and Shawn were cleaning the house to prepare for company, I came out of the bedroom where I'd been resting. I was feeling bad for not helping them clean. Zachary and Logan each had chores they were working on as Shawn had his projects. Shawn said, "I am ok! I can clean this house by myself." (he was looking at me and speaking to me) Logan said, "Oh, okay daddy!" (he can take a hint!)



I didn't do as much for this party as I had in the past. It was quite different in that regard and a little hard for me to just sit back and let the party go, having Shawn and my mom run it. Shawn reminded me though that our last birthday party we hosted (mind you, a HUGE mexican fiesta) was mainly manned by myself with the help of a bit of a handi-capped-in-the-shoulder husband. Shawn had just had surgery a week or so before Zach's birthday party, so he wasn't doing the running around, catering and running of the party. So, I didn't quite feel as terrible as I rested last night. Overall, I think everyone got plenty to eat and hopefully no one was offended if they had to get up to fill their own drink! :)


This week, I have parent teacher conferences. It is looking like a LONG week ahead and hopefully one that I can conquer successfully. :) Thursday afternoon and Friday I have off and they are FULL of doctors appointments. Ah. . . . hoping for some good news finally.
No comments:
Post a Comment