
Logan is a one-of-a-kind child, which any child is, but Logan makes that phrase. . . .well. . . fit! When I look at his adorable, grinning face, it hardly ever crosses my mind the struggles we've gone through with this little guy. For his first 4-5 months of life, this child knew NO happiness when he was awake. He screamed, was colicy and finally we discovered he had a sensitivity to his antibiotics that he started the day of his birth. After stopping the meds, he started to become a calmer, happier baby. But then. . . . Logan stopped growing! He was about 9 months old and they diagnosed him with failure to thrive. He weighed about 9-10 pounds, which is only a few ounces more than he weighed when he was born. He started to deal with constipation despite being breastfed and starting solids little by little.

Through all Logan's pain, trials, tortuous testing and hospital stays, he was a bright star in our journey down this path with him. Doctors would exclaim they'd never seen such a happy child through the pain he should have been experiencing. It broke my heart how often this child would experience pain and pass it off as a normal part of his life. He is a non-stop joyful child, exuberent in all he does, and hardly ever having a down-beat day! Although his struggles are not near as dire or painful anymore, he still has battles to fight as he always will continue to.

Logan has never met a person he hasn't shared a smile with. If he shares a conversation with you, its almost guaranteed to leave an impression. Logan is uncanny, witty, truthful, and inquistive. He is spunky, energetic, and everything I would ever want for him to be. He is truly an amazing child.

Happy 5th Birthday Logan!!!!! I'm so proud of who you've become so far and know that you have many wonderful things that will come your way in life. I'm soooo thankful that God has chosen me to be your earthly mother!
1 comment:
This is by FAR my favorite post... I love this kid! :) I'm so happy the boots made the photo shoot! -Jarin
Post a Comment